WiFi Connection Issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SLoTH_XVX, Aug 19, 2012.

1. SLoTH_XVX

SLoTH_XVX Private First Class

I have 2 laptops and a desk top that I am unable to access the internet on via WiFi. I have a desk top that is connected directly to my modem that accesses the internet fine.

When I try to connect via WiFi my connection/modem is listed but has a red 'X' and the Connect button is grayed out.

The modem I have is a 2wire modem with AT&T U-verse service. I had an AT&T tech out and everything is working but none of my wireless PC can access the internet or my WiFi.

Before the tech came out we discovered that the security setting on the modem was turned off but now that it is turned on I cannot select my modem connection on my wireless PC's.

Any ideas?

2. SLoTH_XVX

SLoTH_XVX Private First Class

Got it!

The Authentication Type on the modem was not set properly.

Changed the setting to "WPA-PSK (TKIP) and WPA2-PSK (AES)" and I now have access via WiFi.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds