wifi extender not working

Discussion in 'Software' started by malron5, Oct 4, 2014.

1. malron5

malron5 Private E-2

I have just purchased a wifi extender to boost range to other end of house, after using cd setup, I got a message to say program cannot find extender, so I then used windows network settings to try to connect, I entered the network key and got a message that I couldn't connect to the network. What I did notice was that when I ran the mouse arrow over the entry for my router it says security wpa2 and for the extender wep . could this be an incompatability that could be causing the problem? I'm using a laptop with windows8

2. C0rhHusk3r

C0rhHusk3r Private First Class

Does the extender have the capability to change its security settings? If so, changing them to the same as your router's would be an easy way to see if that's the cause of the problem.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds