WiFi Printer connectivity issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kildare, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Kildare

Kildare Private E-2

Help anyone?

I have invested in a HP Photosmart 5510 "all in one" printer. The issue I have is I cannot connect to the ePrint server and it keeps returning an error message "The printer was unable to connect to the server. check the internet connection and try again or enter a proxy address"

The printer connects to my home network and prints and scans no problem but I want to be able to use the HP ePrint functionality. I do not use a proxy server.

Running windows 7 32bit on a HP Pavillion

tried reseting printer and HP support have not been able to fix it. Sent me a new printer - same issue! rolleyes

The only related issue i've seen refers to IP address range?
    :cry

Any help much appreciated

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Not sure what ePrint server is but I found this on wikipedia
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HP_ePrint
    and it says
    and
    So I think you need to register, and set up an email address.

3. Kildare

Kildare Private E-2

Thanks for tip,

I am registered on the HP service; the printer once connected is given an email address - but it won't connect! :confused

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds