Will all this stuff work together?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by I_Need_Help_06, Feb 24, 2007.

1. I_Need_Help_06

I_Need_Help_06 Private E-2

Hello,

I'm looking to upgrade my computers insides From Low-end tech to Mid level.. for gaming.

Most likely for games like Oblivion, Farcry, F.E.A.R and so on maybe not on Ultra high settings but good quality textures and models...But good frame rates.

My Computer:

Dell Dimension 2400
    2.6Ghz processor
    80GB hard drive
    1280MB Ram
    250 Watt power supply (I think)
    Micro ATX Motherboard (Everest don't tell the real name of the board all it says is "Dell Dimension 2400"... I learned that they have Micro ATX boards from researching My computer)

Anyway, This is what I'm looking to upgrade too, would all this stiff work with my hardware?confused

Or even work together?

And is socket 775 Good and will it work with my computer?.....I'm a 478 Now...is 775 better then 478?

Intel Pentium 4 630 Prescott 3.0GHz 2MB L2 Cache LGA 775 EM64T Processor- $79.00

XFX PVT73GUGD3 GeForce 7600GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card- $139.99

ASUS P5L-VM 1394 LGA 775 Intel 945G Micro ATX Intel Motherboard- $93.99

Total: $312.98 (Add price of Memory/powersupply if it's a good setup later I'm hoping to get my 1GB back that i have in this one.)

Parts and Prices from newegg.com

BTW: I'm not looking for super expensive things, $300 is pretty large for my budget but I'm willing to spend it if its a good setup for my PC and I'm also no looking to upgrade right away.

I'm looking to upgrade because the stock motherboard only has PCI card slots :(

HERE IS AN EVEREST REPORT ON MY WHOLE COMPUTER BECAUSE I COULD NOT LIST EVERYTHING OR KNOWN WHAT TO LIST

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 24, 2007
  2. I_Need_Help_06

I forgot this....

Do not say "Buy a new computer"...please this computer is only 2 years old and I'm not ready to start making more payments i just finished paying this one off.

3. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

You will most likely need a bigger power supply (which might mean a new case since a standard power supply may or may not fit in that Dell case), and DDR2 memory. The memory that is in your Dell computer will not work in that motherboard, if that's what you meant by, "I'm hoping to get my 1GB back that i have in this one." If you haven't noticed, you'll basically be buying a whole new computer. :)

4. I_Need_Help_06

Well i knew that i would be almost be buying a new PC...I just didn't want stupid comments like "Dude....U kneed 2 by a new111one1 PC 11one11111111!!!!!":D

What i was hoping was that i wouldn't need a bigger case and all that too.

And the comment about the Ram i was wanting to get at least 1Gb Ram in the new computer...My Corsair 1GB PC3200 wouldn't fit in that new board by no means.

I figured i would need to replace most of it but what i was wondering is what about the hard drive, and the connectors to the Mobo? ...i mean would i need different connectors for fans and stuff like that ....I'm VERY,Very new to PC building. Anyway would all that stuff be good for a Mid-Level gaming PC?... or is it still Low-End? ....because all i want to do is play games like Oblivion with High settings and have at least 30-40 + FPS. Even though I'm new to PC building i know its a lot cheaper to Build then Buy.

So should i wait and come back to post when i have everything to build a new PC?

And anyway All I'm looking for something i could expand on later like for the video card and stuff to upgrade to the best of best later on but not have to build another PC.

5. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

Well, Oblivion is one of the most demanding (if not the most demanding) games out right now. So, you will need a high end system. Here are some benchmarks for video cards:

http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphics.html?modelx=33&model1=529&model2=608&chart=207

With a 7600GT on high settings, you get about 4 fps outside. Pretty much unplayable. It will take a $500 video card to get up to 30 fps.

As for the RAM, no the RAM you have is DDR and the RAM that motherboard needs is DDR2. They are not the same.

6. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Thats completely maxxed details though. Some small tweaks can increase performance greatly, and allow such performance, on my 7800GTX anyway.

Of course, there is quite a difference of running super high quality and maxxed everything. Super high looks pretty good in itself. I think thats the level name (Whatever highest level is in drop down box). Im not on my PC atm to check.

7. I_Need_Help_06

Well i never meant super, Super high quality I'm talking about texture quality that you can tell that is human skin and not a blob.

And my questions were never answered is that setup besides the Power supply and stuff like that would that be a good Mid-Level gaming PC ....

I don't care if i wont be able to play games at super high quality.... just as long as everything is not going to need be set to Low or Lowest for everything like i am now.

Just to let you know right now I'm gaming with integrated Intel extreme graphics...so anything would be GREAT IMPROVEMENT. The highest i ever get on a game is 17FPS which only happens when looking up at the sky.

So could you please give me Gaming PC setup that i would be able to improve later... but still would be able to kick but now.

Budget $600

Please i would need everything to start my PC build

NOTHING THAT WOULD NEED TO BE WATER OR SUPER COOLED.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds