will this heatsink fit into my mobo?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ~Pyrate~, Jul 18, 2004.

1. ~Pyrate~

~Pyrate~ MajorGeek

2. acejones

acejones A Different Title

should...your mb supports the socket 370 processors, and that particular heatsink fits socket 370 processors.

ocing? not sure. i don't think i would use it. i think its more for looks, but thats my opinion. i think goldy had a something similiar, and didn't like it.

3. suesman

suesman First Sergeant

I had one & I didn't like it either. I also had the Areo 7+, again it just didn't do like I thought it would. I now have the blower from the Areo 7 on a modified all copper Speeze heatsink. It's a bit loud, but it does a much better job than what the Coolermaster heatsink ever done.

Being as your processor doesn't make near the heat of todays faster chip, I would think it'd worky plenty good. ;)

4. ~Pyrate~

~Pyrate~ MajorGeek

i was wondering because my mobo only has room to fit a heatsink that is as big as the socket itself ... when i bought my CPU i looked at the two generic ones they had at the shop and the larger one didn;t fit ... as there are a few transistors and whatnot surrounding the socket .... they need to have life size pictures on the net ... and thnx for the advice

and is www.pcmods.com a reliable place to get mods like fans and the like? they have a good selection but do they deliver is the question

5. acejones

acejones A Different Title

are you planning on overclocking? if not, i would stick with the original hs/f.

i would buy froom pcmods.com (url changes to frozencpu.com). they use UPS to deliver.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds