Will this RAM work with my MOBO

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by johnjohnjosh, Mar 4, 2012.

1. johnjohnjosh

johnjohnjosh Private E-2

2. johnjohnjosh

johnjohnjosh Private E-2

also I purchased a video card and I need to know how to remove and add a video card with this kind of clip im not sure how to release and lock cards into place with this type of clip I dont want to break it so any video<i was unable to find any> would be nice.here is an image of what I mean the blue pciex16 its not the normal type of clip. http://www.goldfries.com/images/hwreviews/2009/msieclipseplus/pci-e.jpg

3. shnerdly

shnerdly MajorGeek

Going by the links you posted, the RAM is the correct RAM by specification for the MB. You would need to look at the Asus compatibility page to know for sure. If it's listed as non-compatible it will be a problem. If it's listed as compatible, it should work fine. If it's not listed, it may or may not work.

In the Pic you posted about releasing the Video Controller, you need to move the tab at the end of the slot away from the controller to remove the card. There will also be a clip or screw holding the end of the controller that the video cable connects to.

4. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

From the ASUS QVL, only the following G.Skill RAM of that type listed:
    From the G.Skill QVL, only the following ASUS boards listed:
    Crucial RAM listed in that speed/price bracket for the 'board: http://www.crucial.com/store/mpartspecs.aspx?mtbpoid=0A3EA621A5CA7304

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds