will this run arma 2

Discussion in 'Software' started by xnewguyx, Nov 8, 2012.

1. xnewguyx

xnewguyx Private E-2

2. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Yes it will run it but it won't run it at a high framerate.

Arma 2 is heavily cpu dependant,practically any $150 video card will will be sufficient to max the graphics out but the money you spend on your cpu is almost proportionally turned into performance.

That video card is very weak but it will run the game,the cpu is also a little weak for arma 2 but again it will run the game,if you don't mind turning off most of the graphical features and turning the view distance down it should be playable but what you find playable and I find playable are two very different things.

Your going to notice a huge performance leap in performance in arma 2 if you go for this I5 system instead which is only $130 more,around 30% more performance.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/CyberPowe...um-with-Windows-8-P/20850747?findingMethod=rr

3. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

+1 for everything Rikky said.
    One thing I will add is Arma 2 is very different from other games you may have played, as I'm sure you know it has many issues, small enough to deal with but having played it on a weaker system, some of the graphical glitches and bugs and exacerbated greatly and can make some parts virtually unplayable, while games like COD or Battlefield or even Op flashpont can be playable at 20fps, Arma 2 is horrible that low.
    Go for the higher end as Rikky suggests, if you can't afford it, wait until you can otherwise you may be disappointed.

Having said that, once running well it is an incredible game.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds