Win 10 Homegroup Issue

Discussion in 'Software' started by hcrawfor, Jun 7, 2017.

1. hcrawfor

hcrawfor Private First Class

3 Win 10 Laptops are connected to the same wireless home router, and I'm attempting to create a Homegroup for the 3 laptops. On Laptop A, I create a Homegroup and receive a password. On Laptop B, I'm invited to join the Homegroup... and do so. On Laptop C, I'm only shown Homegroup: Ready To Craete... NOT join a Homegroup.

I've reviewed the Advanced Sharing settings in Network @ Sharing and re-booted each laptop several times... with the same results. Laptop A & B have joined the Homegroup, but Laptop C is still just given the option to Create a Homegroup.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, hcrawfor

2. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

Could be that the third laptop is configured as a public network but the other two as a private network.

3. hcrawfor

hcrawfor Private First Class

Thank you.... but I also checked that. It's reflected as a Private Network.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds