Win 2K Login Still A Problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by acktom, Sep 12, 2004.

1. acktom

acktom Private First Class

I'm sorry to "Repost" this question. I thought I'd try a new approach...

A question that may make more sense...The Secure Log on for Win 2000, Ctrl+Alt+Del, would your log on ID and password change if you simply changed your PC's Network ID? Is there any reason, other than wrong ID & password entered, that the user ID & p/w would change due to a network change from a secure work domain to LAN workgroup?

I'm Lost On This. My only thought is the p/w or ID is wrong.

Our Apologies for a 2nd post. We're desperate and you guys are the best.

Thank,

Acktom

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

if that PC was part of a domain and you logged into the domain and not the workstation, then that user resided on the domain controller in which that workstation was a member of. Since you changed it a workgroup and it's no longer part of a domain, that user most likely is not a user on that solo box. Try logging is a local administrator.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds