Win 7 Activation

Discussion in 'Software' started by unrox, Jan 25, 2010.

1. unrox

unrox Private E-2

I recently upgrade from XP to Win 7. Did so on 3 computers. One now keep's
    giving me this message that "Windows 7 could not activate" then upon clicking on it give's alternatives to activate, phone, re-enter product key. I re-entered the key 3 X to make sure it was right, and was told it was not the right key, this is the same key I used to upgrade to begin with and have two other computers working with this key. Windows is operating normally but why this message? I am afraid that Win 7 might stop working if this is not resolved. T.I.A. for any help.

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Correct me if I'm wrong here, you used the same key on all 3 machines? It sounds like you don't have multiple copies of W7. It's one machine per copy unless you got a pack and that's out of my league to answer.

3. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

have you tried calling it in? If i remember correctly, it's just an automated phone system, and might help.

4. unrox

unrox Private E-2

Did not know it was good for only one computer, Used my Vista disk to upgrade the 3 computers from Xp before I upgraded to 7.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds