win 7. components help

Discussion in 'Software' started by robertbiferi, Nov 10, 2011.

1. robertbiferi

robertbiferi I can't follow the rules

I just installed win 7. Home and I want to know how to Un Install Windows Components like the Windows Media Player?

2. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

Easy when you know how ;)

Attached Files:

3. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

Key word is Windows Components. Has not changed since XP. If you do a search for "Turn Windows Features On", in the Search Programs & Files bar, I bet that you will figure it out.

4. Earthling

Surely the pic in #2 explains it??? Do you want me to elaborate?

5. robertbiferi

robertbiferi I can't follow the rules

Well I know how to get into Turn Windows Components On and Off.

But I thought if I just turned say Windows Media Player off it will still be here?
    I thought I had to Un Install it??

6. Earthling

AFAIK there is no obvious way to completely uninstall it. All you can do I believe is disable it, and apart from taking up a bit of disk space it isn't doing any harm at all.

7. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

Why do you want to remove? There is no way, when you pay for a license to run Microsoft Operating systems on your computer. You can re-associate filetypes with other programs. Just go into Control Panel > Default Programs and do the re-association, or do it from the program of your choosing.

8. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

And what picture would that be?

9. Earthling

Look again. I think the forum software misfired but it's now showing again.

10. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

Still do not see one. Then again, I have Firefox pretty locked down.

11. Earthling

It must be your FF settings then, as I'm looking at it in IE right now. It just shows the control panel settings to disable WMP.

12. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

Why yes it is Earthling.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds