Win 7 sizing problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by dyamond, Jan 6, 2010.

1. dyamond

dyamond Imelda Marcos of Majorgeeks

I kinda ranted about this in another thread but now I'm actually lookin for a solution because I'm ready to toss this new lappy out a window!!!:mad

Ok, sometimes when I touch the touch pad, it will either zoom in size or shrink super tiny, this usually happens without warning and even the slightest touch sometimes causes this to happen. It doesn't happen all the time and it's takes forever to fix it because I can't figure out what exactly am I doing to trigger it or to make it stop. Also, sometimes if I switch tabs (happens on Firefox and Chrome) it will "pick up" the first tab and try to take it into the second tab or separate it into a whole new window.

I've attached two screenshots so you'll understand what I'm talkin about. Please someone, anyone tell me how to fix this before it becomes a very expensive frisbee :-D

Oh and the lappy is a Dell Studio 1555, Windows 7 home premium. Thanks!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Imperfect1

Imperfect1 Private First Class

Check your settings and preferences for your touchpad. You probably have one or more settings causing your problems. (The first thing I'd check is your sensitivity setting -- it may be way too high.) And if you have "tapping" enabled, that may be causing a problem too.

3. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Just a note:

Ctrl + 0 (zero) will reset the zoom in FF.

The center mouse wheel controls the zoom function in FF so however that translates to your touchpad would probably be the cause.

4. dyamond

dyamond Imelda Marcos of Majorgeeks

Thanks for the tips!

Would you happen to know where these settings are? I couldn't seem to find them.

5. Imperfect1

Imperfect1 Private First Class

I have a built in Synaptics PS/2 Port Touchpad (and mouse), so I can only tell you what the settings are for Synaptics. If you tell us what touchpad and mouse you have, hopefully someone will be able to give you the settings.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds