Win 7 Update fails - stuck at Welcome

Discussion in 'Software' started by foogoo, Feb 28, 2015.

1. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

I have 4 updates for install (Win 7x64), when I install them and reboot the update hangs at 54%, then it rebooted and reverted changes and then stuck at Welcome screen for 30 plus minutes. I've done an SFC, tried to go back to a system restore prior to the updates and that fails.
    Googling has a bunch of hits, but none seem to fix the issue.
    I don't want to wait 30 minutes for my system to come up again.
    Any one fixed this?

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

What are the four updates?

My notes for 32 bit Pro which usually gets more updates offered than my 32 bit and 64 bit Home Premium units:
    After you install 3021952, another update is offered 3034196; 3021952 must be installed before 3034196
    I had two updates hidden until I read it was safe to install them: 2952664 and 3021917
    On Feb 24th an update was offered for Lithuanina currency 3006137

I have installed all updates I posted about above.

3. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

SAMSUNG Electronics Co., Ltd. - Other hardware - SAMSUNG Mobile MTP Device
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB3006137)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB3021917)

Now 3, so did it remove the problem one?

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

First, I'd skip the update it recommends for other hardware. If something is not working, check Samsung, not MS.

KB3006137 this one is for Lithuanian currency; if you don't use it, you can hide it. Particularly if it doesn't seem to want to install.

KB3021917 Update to Windows 7 SP1 for performance improvements
    this was one that was never checked/ticked on my computer so I waited to install it until the others were installed.

I'd say to try this:
    1. ignore the Samsung update (hide it if you don't want to see it keep reappearing).
    2. install KB3001367 and reboot
    3. install 3021917

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds