Win 7 Update Reloads Same Updates Every Day

Discussion in 'Software' started by hicksmach10, Jun 26, 2017.

1. hicksmach10

hicksmach10 Private E-2

Since June 8, my Win 7 system has reinstalled the same eleven "Important" windows updates and three optional updates. Each day it says install successful. Each time I powerdown or start up it say "Installing updates". But each day the updates are back again! Attached is the an image of the update history to provide details on the specific updates. I hope you guys have an idea, and thank you for all the info over the years. Untitled.jpg

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

I know it is a laborious process, but I suggest you do the following:

Windows Update > Check for Updates
    In the list that appears, choose just ONE at a time - from the bottom of the list upwards - install that ONE update, restart your system, then do the same again.

3. Dave E

Dave E Private E-2

I was having a similar problem, so I changed the Update Settings to Automatic Updates for a few days, until the updates were finished.

4. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

The default setting is already 'Automatic' in Windows 7 onwards, and that's why the OP has a problem because something isn't right in their OS recognising updates already installed.

5. Dave E

Dave E Private E-2

I understand that the Default Setting is for Automatic, but that can be easily changed in W7. I don't see anywhere in the OP that states the Update is set to Automatic, hence my reason for posting a reply.

6. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

If it was not on automatic it wouldn't keep trying to update the same files every day.
    That's why it is best to wait for the OP to return to their thread.

7. Dave E

Dave E Private E-2

Who's to say the OP wasn't running Updates manually each day? All I was doing with my original posts, was giving information as to how I resolved My Updating Problem

Anyway, I'll leave you two to resolve the issue, good luck solving it.

8. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Re-read the OP's post again:
    Every day. That simply can't happen if Updates are not set to automatic.
    There are 100s of different reasons for updating problems, and unless you had the exact same problem, ie your system updating the same KB files again and again and again which on the basis of what you said can't be the case, then your problem is not relevant to the issue here.

9. hicksmach10

hicksmach10 Private E-2

Wow, I had no idea my updates wold be so divisive. Max Turner is correct, the system is set for automatic updating. I will try to do each item singularly, starting today. I was going to try that strategy, but from the top down not bottom up. I realized it would be smarter to ask on here first before causing more damage.
    i will try today and advise results.

10. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

You're welcome and I hope it works out ok.

11. hicksmach10

hicksmach10 Private E-2

Machine no longer tries to install the same backups over and over, but a different problem has now arisen.
    Now, when I try to check for updates, I get error # 80073712. With the message "Windows could not search for new updates"

12. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

OK the first thing I would try is the System File Checker via an Administrator Command Prompt:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg...l-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system-files
    Leave it to scan until 100% complete.
    Follow the guide for Win 7.
    Restart your system after it's complete.
    Now check for updates again and if you get the same error now run the Windows Update Troubleshooter for Win 7 from here:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-za...68-021e32467565/windows-update-troubleshooter

If that doesn't resolve the problem it may be best to use the Tweaking.com - Windows Repair in Windows Safe Mode.

13. Anon-469e6fb48c

Anon-469e6fb48c Anonymized

I agree with max

While you make the updates in properties manual make sure you type Services in the start menu search bar and look for windows updates and make sure it's set to manual as well.You can still use windows update but on your time and data not windows time.

Windows update is normally at the bottom of the services list.

14. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Of the 8 Important patches, they range in dates from May 2012 through April 13, 2015. So the patches are from 2 to 5 years ago!

Of the three recommended One is from Oct. 2013, the 3068708 is a "spying" patch from Sept. 9th 2015 and 3184143 from Sept, 21, 2016 removes the Get Windows 10.

I'd turn off auto updates, manually check for updates and if the same patches appear, hide them.

The important patches were probably installed a few years earlier.

The recommended patches do not have to be installed.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds