Win 98 wont boot in normal mode, bootlog.txt available

Discussion in 'Software' started by VoiD, Aug 27, 2005.

1. VoiD

VoiD Corporal

Win 98 restarts when booting in normal mode, starts ok in safe mode

when booting in logged mode (creates bootlog.txt in c:\) the log basically says that fonts in the windows\fonts folder fails to load and gives a faliure code of 0016

i cant see anythin else wrong in the log, i can mail if anyone wants to see the log

2. Franklin

Franklin Corporal

3. VoiD

VoiD Corporal

thanks for the reply, that link said to delete the fonts that dont load in the bootlog.txt but there are none of the same name in the fonts folder anyway, some are slightly different names, Bootlog says it cant load ArialBI.TTF, i cant find that name but i can find Arial Bold Italic.TTF which im asuming is the same font but named differently, have these been altered or reinstalled by something? office maybe?

ive tryed to extract the fonts from the win98 disk again but cant get access to my cdrom from dos :rolleyes:

4. Franklin

Franklin Corporal

All I can come up with is have you tried a scanreg/restore to a date before the prob occurred. That's all I can come up with.
    Hopefully one of the resident experts will jump in and sort it for you.

5. VoiD

VoiD Corporal

hmm im still unable to solve this problem, anyone else have any ideas?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds