win 98SE clean install

Discussion in 'Software' started by _dinsdale_, Dec 12, 2006.

1. _dinsdale_

_dinsdale_ Corporal

Hi All,

Completely re formatted and reinstalled my 98SE machine. Everything works fine except the machine recognised a PCI Input Controller. The machine can't find a driver for it (not even at windows update) and I have no idea what the device might be... like I say everything SEEMS to be working fine.

How do I find out what this device is... then maybe I can hunt for a driver for it?

dins

2. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

PCI input controller is most likely a game port (joystick port - 15 pins, a row of 8 pins and a row of 7 pins - usually yellow). Many sound cards have game ports and may require the drivers from the manufacturer. Also, try using the built-in Win98 driver by pointing the Hardware Wizard to Sound, Video, and Game Controllers, and load the driver from there....

hopperdave2000 :)

3. _dinsdale_

_dinsdale_ Corporal

Thanks so much that was the answer!!!

Cheers

Dins

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds