win media player to television help

Discussion in 'Software' started by moonfog, Dec 19, 2005.

1. moonfog

moonfog Private E-2

hi all, my OS is winXP
    I have movie files, mpeg/avi from my laptop that i want to play on my Sony LCD tv, i connected these 2 together with a monitor cable. Everything is working fine, my tv is a mirror image of my laptop screen.
    Here's the problem, when i try to play movie files on media player or divx, my laptop seems to be working fine (audio/visual), but my tv only has audio of the movie, its as if the movie is just a black screen, other displays such as start menu etc is still there. Also quicktime videos are the only thing thats working for me right now...
    This i think is also another similar problem, when i use to try to [prt sc] copy screen while watching a movie on my laptop, when i paste it in ms paint, there is no image of the movie, just the rest (win media player skin)..
    I've tried updating/codecs/anything from the microsoft site, but nothing..
    please help!

2. diklxik

diklxik Private E-2

It sounds like something in place to prevent pirating, how big is the LCD screen your sending the image to?
    And your TV might be troubled with trying to read and convert a foreign type of file format?
    I am no expert but I would like to do the same, the speed of your service? Sorry but good luck, if you get it to work post back what works.
    Something else to consider is the refresh rate, the hertz.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
  3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

diklxik , you are asking for information about a thread from 2005. I'm sure the person has either found a solution or has another computer in more than 3 years.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds