win xp problem with attributes

Discussion in 'Software' started by man_im_bored, Oct 17, 2003.

1. man_im_bored

man_im_bored Private E-2

My brother downloaded a program ages ago, and now that I've found it, i want it on mine too. Problem is, he set is login so that only he could open the program, and in order to save room, we deleted his account (the program was located in the shared documents). So since he has no account, but his attributes are still tied to it, I can't copy paste over our network!

Anyone know if there is any way we can either remove the attributes, or restore his windows account?

I've already tried copy paste in the command prompt, and it didn't work, so i'm guessing it wouldn't work on ms-dos either...

"why don't you download the program again"? Cause i want to save my internet bill......but i will do that if i have too :(

2. jujet84

jujet84 Master Sergeant

whoops wrong post

Last edited: Oct 17, 2003

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds