Win XP randomly Dies

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Slurpee, Dec 7, 2005.

1. Slurpee

Slurpee Private E-2

2. Dawnpatrol

Dawnpatrol Private First Class

You can test the PSU with a multimeter. Do a search on the web and you will find info on how to do this. Also, make sure the memory you put in is good. Download memtest. You'll need to put it on a bootable floppy. Then boot from the floppy and run it. It will run continously. Leave that running overnight. If it is the memory it will tell you. And if it is a problem with Winxp you'll know it because the system won't have locked up. If it does lock up the problem isn't Winxp. But rather a hardware issue.

3. Slurpee

Slurpee Private E-2

Well I know its not the memory because I have 2 chips. Chip A is the first chip which I orginally thought was bad. Chip B is the new ram that I bought.

I first ran chip A AND chip B. The same problem happened.

I removed chip A and left chip B in. The same problem happened.

Chip B was a brand new fresh chip. Luckily this problem is on my work station and I didnt pay for it :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds