Win XP Recovery Console HELP!

Discussion in 'Software' started by ookiepoo, Mar 3, 2010.

1. ookiepoo

ookiepoo Private E-2

I have a Galeway tablet running win xp Pro Tablet. It displayed an "OPERATING SYSTEM NOT FOUND" message after I had removed a CD from Nokia used for my nokia cell phone to interphase and sync my cell phone to the computer. After checking the Bios everything seemed OK but still got same message. I changed the boot sequence to Boot from CD/DVD and inserted a Boot Recovery CD. The computer then gave me a choice A: reinstall OS & Drivers & Applications or choice B: OS. I picked B and loaded what appears to be the OS but now I am at the Recovery Console and the C:\> prompt!!! What should I do now? What has happened to my exixting programs and data? Is there any way to recover or save them? What should I type to check what is going on with the computer? Please advice and much thanks.

2. brandypeppy

brandypeppy MajorGeek

Typing exit will close it and restart the computer.:wave

3. ookiepoo

ookiepoo Private E-2

Thank you:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds