Win. XP service pack2

Discussion in 'Software' started by akanrg, Apr 27, 2004.

1. akanrg

akanrg Private First Class

Hello to all...

For the last couple of days my comp is acting a bit strange. kinda slugish. (I ran win XP pro.)
    I just checke my add/remove programs and much to my surprise I discovered 20 SP2 hotfixes! I never downloaded the new SP2 and I have no idea how they got there :rolleyes:
    Can I uninstall them? Does anyone know what could have installed them on my comp? Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Thanks in advance to replies. They are highly appreciated,
    aKa

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Every critical windows update after the release of Sp1 is an SP2 update. This is by design, and normal.

3. akanrg

akanrg Private First Class

I've never seen them there before!

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I'm sticking to my guns on this one ;) Not all updates show Sp2 next to them, but some do, and its perfectly ok.

If you are concerned, post the updates its referring to.

I'm sure we can dispel your fears.

5. billH

billH Master Sergeant

Adryn's right. I d/l'ed the lastcritical updates service pack and they appeared. My pooter runs fine with them. YMMV of course, but so far for me no symptoms with the svce pack 2 stuff.

6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

just to add to this akanrg and help I posted this a week or so ago about the same subject http://www.majorgeeks.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31754&highlight=sp2

its normal... and nothing to worry about.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds