Win XP will not load, Stuck in Loop

Discussion in 'Software' started by patrolman1970, Apr 8, 2007.

1. patrolman1970

patrolman1970 Private E-2

Hey there,

My computer will not load XP anymore. It just continues to go into a loop to where you can choose Start from last working config, safe mode, safe mode with command prompt and so on. I chosed each one and it still doesnt work, it just cycles through a reboot and sends me back to the list. I've put the XP disc in to see if would boot from it but it want. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance..

2. elzorro

elzorro Private E-2

Hi.

Have you install the latest update from Microsoft?

Elzorro.

3. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

I don't see how he can install an update with the PC not loading to the Windows desktop.

When you get the boot options menu, select 'Disable automatic restart...'. I think that PC is flashing a blue error screen too fast for you to see. By selecting disable auto restart, you'll be able to see this error, and you can post the error code and any files that it lists. You may have to press F8 upon rebooting to get the menu with disable auto restart. If you don't get a blue screen with an error code, you may have to do a safe re-install of WinXP.

hopperdave2000

4. patrolman1970

Hate to keep bothering you all, maybe someday I'm get time enough to actually take some good computer classes. I've press the F8 and got to the boot first menu but I don't see disable auto restart start anywhere and what's the next step after that. And if all else fells how do I do a safe re-install of Win XP. Sorry about all these questions.....

5. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

It's wierd, sometimes the Disable Automatic Restart isn't there (I think it has something to do with if you're running XP SP1 or SP2). When XP is loading, try hitting the reset button on the PC before the 'crash' occurs. That should induce the boot options menu, and hopefully that will include disable automatic restart. If not, you'll probably need to reload Windows 'over the top' of itself as to not lose any data......

hopperdave2000

6. patrolman1970

"If not, you'll probably need to reload Windows 'over the top' of itself as to not lose any data......"

How do I reload windows?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds