win2k pc can't see network, but network sees it

Discussion in 'Software' started by aikox2, Jul 11, 2005.

1. aikox2

aikox2 Private E-2

One of the four pc on my workgroup is doing something strange: I just did a clean install and set up this box like I set up all my boxes. I renamed the workgroup to the name I use for my group on the other pcs. The other pcs can see and attach to this one, but when I try to browse the neighborhood network, it fails and says "workgroup is not accesible. The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available."

What I find really strange is that when I go into Network identification, it shows the workgroup name I gave it, but it insists it is still part of the default named "workgroup."

Again, I can connect to this pc from others on my net, but I can't connect from this pc to others on my net???

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Scott

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds