Win7 64 shuts down unexpectedly - Help please

Discussion in 'Software' started by Bill E, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Bill E

Bill E Private E-2

Win7 64 bit OEM, ASUS P6T MB (Not Over clocked) with 6GB Ram, bought from computer store who built computer, I have had about 4 shut downs with the following reported on boot up;

NOTE: It has never happened while I'm sitting at computer.

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 3081

Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: 9f
    BCP1: 0000000000000003
    BCP2: FFFFFA80062E4A20
    BCP3: FFFFF80000B9C518
    BCP4: FFFFFA8008CBBCC0
    OS Version: 6_1_7600
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
    C:\Windows\Minidump\021110-15990-01.dmp
    C:\Users\Bill\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-51449-0.sysdata.xml

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

The only difference in the last 2 reports are

BCP2: FFFFFA80062E5060
    BCP4: FFFFFA800009C518

C:\Windows\Minidump\021110-16177-01.dmp

C:\Users\Bill\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-46519-0.sysdata.xml

Any help appreciated as I haven't a clue what any of this really means so don't want to screw everything up by trying to guess a fix.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

So this is happening more when you just leave the PC on and unattended? I'm just suspecting Sleep/Hibernation or one of the hardware devices and mainly either network or usb.

But do run through this guide http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35246 and "attach" in a text file the minidump log as mentioned as just want to see what the faulting file is.

*guide on how to attach a file is in that guide

Also do you have any yellow ! marks in device manager, if so what. If you have external devices (please name them, like printer, external hdd etc) , then unplug them and leave PC on to see if it crashes.

3. Bill E

Bill E Private E-2

Halo thanks for the reply, I had to go away so just able to get back to check it out.

Nothing shows up in Device Manager (No yellow marks)

Not using network.

2 USB external devices connected 1 x USB HDD connected but usually switched off at the caddy and 1 USB Kyocera printer always connected and switched on.

Attached Files:

4. Bill E

Bill E Private E-2

OK I was advised on another Forum that the problem may be associated with Zone Alarm, so I have removed it and now using Windows FW and computer has been on for 72 hours and still on it's feet so looks good.....

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds