[Win7] Bluescreen

Discussion in 'Software' started by Sekr, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Sekr

Sekr Private E-2

Hello,

My computer came up with a bluescreen out of nowhere yesterday.
    Windows created 3 files (see attachement).

Can anyone tell me what the problem is? I can't figure it out myself.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

Welcome Sekr :)

Could you tell me more about the sequence of events that led up to this crash, please?

3. Sekr

Sekr Private E-2

Thank you :p

Ehh well, I was just downloading some stuff and running some IE browers, but that's all. My computer crashses more often tho, but without bluescreen, just random freezes. This is actually the first time it shows a bluescreen and made files.

4. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

Ok, that sorts ties in with what I could see in the dump files. I don't see anything that is the obvious culprit though I suspect it may be the nVidia firewall software, specifically nvm62x64.sys. It dates from 2008, so needs to be updated or uninstalled, I think.

Other than that, I see no evidence that your W7 installation is fully updated, check that you have all the Critical updates installed at least. Secunia PSI can help with this and it'll check and update much of your 3rd party software too.

5. Sekr

Sekr Private E-2

I'll use the program you linked, thanks for that. But ehmm, how do I uninstall or update the nVidia firewall software?

6. Sekr

Sekr Private E-2

Oh and for the random freezes, I must say I have this with any version of Windows and also clean windows without random stuff installed. :eek:

7. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds