Win7 Error Message Location

Discussion in 'Software' started by Mark Anthony, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Mark Anthony

Mark Anthony Private E-2

I'm looking for information about Window 7.

I am running windows 7 with dual monitors, and need to change the default location of where "Error Message" boxes pop up. They pop up on the primary display and I need to be able to move the location so they pop up on the monitor that is the extended display.

Can this be done?

2. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

It may be possible, but I don't know how.

Why don't you deal with the cause of the error messages?

3. Mark Anthony

Mark Anthony Private E-2

We're running Windows7 Operating System for our process control system consoles. They have dual stacked screen display. Our process control program runs on a separate desktop. This desktop does not have access to Windows/Start menu or other programs, just the Process control program. It runs on both monitors. Windows7 is configured with the main screen or primary screen on the upper display. Our process control program launches on the main or primary screen and extrends down to the bottom display. In the upper screen, is usually running a separate program (Process Historian) that is configured to always be displayed on top of the Process control program. Whenever an error message from the Process control program pops up, it comes in on the uppper display(Windows main display) and it is behind the Process Historian program.

4. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

Behind the main program? That could be a User Account Control (UAC) thing; if having the error on top is better than behind, try changing the UAC settings in the Control Panel, it might switch the focus to the error message.

5. Mark Anthony

Mark Anthony Private E-2

satrow,

I'll look at that and get back with you.

Thanks
    Mark

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds