Win7 Home, preconfigured PC first startup: no username used durning setup?

Discussion in 'Software' started by videobruce, Feb 13, 2011.

1. videobruce

videobruce Private E-2

Using a dime a dozen, store bought preconfigured PC running Win 7, during the initial setup out of the box, when you are at the user name/ computer name screen, I initially typed in a user name, but then did a "cut", deleting that name and I just entered a password to see if it would let me do this.

To my surprise it did, advancing me to the next screen with just a password.

When I got to the actual login screen and just typed in the password, but it wouldn't let me login. I tried the original user name with the password, but that didn't work.

The solution from Comtrash was to do a restore process, effectively reloading their version of the O/S.

Is this some M$ glitch?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds