Win8 - windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some

Discussion in 'Software' started by netsurfer, Apr 22, 2014.

1. netsurfer

netsurfer Private First Class

Recently my PC started hanging after it restarts so I ran sfc /scannow with an administrator command prompt. The following message was the result I got:

Windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.

I'm not sure what to do now. I've done a bit of reading and read that I might have to do a repair installation but I'm worried about losing some of my data.

What should I do next?

2. netsurfer

netsurfer Private First Class

I've solved my own problem by running the command dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and then sfc /scannow again

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds