Win98 Se control panel Blue Screen Death

Discussion in 'Software' started by nadine, Nov 28, 2004.

1. nadine

nadine Private E-2

Help,
    have win98se.When trying to open Control Panel, get Blue Screen Death. Fatal exception OE has occurred at 00028:FDD47A1.
    Has anyone seen this before? :confused:
    Thanks
    Nadine

2. GeekaBee

GeekaBee Private E-2

Could you please verify that this is the correct error message? Thanks.

3. nadine

nadine Private E-2

Sorry,
    You are correct.Error message reads Fatal Exception OE has occurred at 0028:F8857381.
    Nadine

4. GeekaBee

GeekaBee Private E-2

This is the EXACT error message you are getting? The reason I ask is because OE usually stands for Outlook Express but the errors you are getting affects Windows?

5. nadine

nadine Private E-2

I rechecked the control panel again. Keep getting Blue Screen death. Fatal Exception OE has occured at 0028:Fbb79151. It appears that last 8 numbers keep changing?
    Nadine

6. GeekaBee

GeekaBee Private E-2

are you using outlook express?

7. nadine

nadine Private E-2

It is on the computer but do not use it.
    nadine

8. GeekaBee

GeekaBee Private E-2

You might want to try uninstalling Outlook Express through Add/Remove Programs in Control panel. If you're not using this application it won't hurt to remove it. It could solve your problem and/or give you additional space. Let me know what happens.

9. nadine

nadine Private E-2

Could not get into control panel. Went to safe mode, was able to gain access fianally to control panel?
    Removed outlook program, with add and remove. Rebooted tried to gain access to control panel. Still have blue screen death. Error is still fatal excetion with a kick. As OE 0028:F87BDAA1 in VXD WSHTCP(02)+00000001.
    :eek:
    nadine

10. Maxwell

Maxwell Folgers

11. GeekaBee

GeekaBee Private E-2

Try following the instructions found in this link. I think you have some software on you system that has not been installed correctly or is in need of updating. The instructions and procedure is quite in-depth so you might want to look things over before proceeding. Take special precaution if you decide to use the 'regedit' command because believe it or not things could get messed up more than they are now.

http://www.mdgx.com/98-5.htm

12. GeekaBee

GeekaBee Private E-2

Thanks. We're all learning here!!!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds