win98 vs 98se

Discussion in 'Software' started by oldandconfusedagain, Aug 27, 2004.

1. oldandconfusedagain

oldandconfusedagain Private E-2 <i>emeritus</i>

hope this is the right forum......rebuilt old computer (amd k-6 (2) 384 mb ram 20gig and 10gig hd's...win 98 is installed for OS... this is going to be used for general purposes in a church for book keeping and other assorted programs. Their existing computer is really old and underpowered (ibm with 64mb ram and 2gig hd. However they have win 98SE as their operating system(or trying to operate) Would it be beneficial to upgrade from win98 to their 98se on the new one Iam giving them? Did I make sense? Or will I be wasting my time as the benefits would be unsubstantial?..............................................Just another note... I would like to thank all the people that make this site a pleasure to visit. I have learned so much over the past year or two just reading and learning that an old duffer like me sat out in the smokeshop (workshop) with 3 broken puters(as u sa) and actually made 2 of them work. Lots of trial and error hooking up all sorts of wires and cables and reading and re-reading installation procedures, but finally put all the pieces together. Thanks again to all of you! I've got another question, but I'll post it in a new thread; I've gotta be careful though, I don't want to lose my e-2 rating :) :)

2. efibacchus

efibacchus Private E-2

i used to support 98 and 98se and i thought 98se was much better.

3. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

SE is basically the win98 equivilant of an expensive service pack. There are loads of fixes and features in SE that arn't in 98. Particularly USB support (i think? or was that 95 B?)

Anyway, SE is definatley the way to go :)

4. krazykrl

krazykrl Sergeant Major

You want 98SE. No question.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds