Win98 Wireless Network

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Grem41, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Grem41

Grem41 Private E-2

Can anyone help me out here. I only want to get Win98 working with my system Netgear USB adapter WG111v3 for Broadband which uses a WG511v2 router access with Firefox 3.6 plus access to a Flash Drive (Sandisk Cruzer Micro 2G in my case), I’ve seen is possible with own eyes using the this URL (as shown below) to the letter.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/yt-jJrHlwwm5CA/firefox_3_6_runs_on_windows_98_with_kernelex/

Let me explain what I did just to make it clear, I just did a fresh install of Win98 via the original CD to wipe Linux for the other partition plus other junk. After researching the net I downloaded KernelEx, the unicows.exe program that it needed to see also Firefox 3.6. that I installed on XP before I copied the Mozilla Firefox folders over and nothing but except a report about a missing file XUL.DLL, even the older IE4 browser didn't work.
    For the accessing on Sandisk Cruzer Micro 2G I just downloaded the drivers that populated all over my desktop amongst other locations but at least that works, as you might guess I’m clutching at straws. :confused

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds