Win98e: File Save As Web Page Complete - Doesn't

Discussion in 'Software' started by Stubborn 98r, Dec 11, 2004.

1. Stubborn 98r

Stubborn 98r Private E-2

I cannot (but used to be able to from IE) "File/SaveAs/Web Page Complete - (htm, html)" any yahoo webmail page containing images to any location. I get "Saving web page" traveling mail pouch - to 100%, followed by "Error Saving Web Page ... could not be saved to the selected location". No client email prgrm is involved.

For each embedded jpg-in-html webpage image I can "Download Attachment and Save" (a Yahoo webpage option) and view the resulting .jpg-file image. I can also "Save As/ Web Page Html Only" , and get a single .htm file containing the web page with text and red x blank image placeholders.

I can pull up and view the old combination "Folder (jpg & gif image files) & .htm file pairs previously "Saved As" when it used to work.

It seems only the IE "....Web Page Complete" option which malfunctions. This is the function which creates the folder containing (and downloads) the image files needed by the htm file to view the embedded images as in the original webpage.

I run MS98se, IE 6, Zone Alarm 5.5 and Norton SystmWrks 2003 all with latest updates.

I have performed: "Repair Internet Explorer"; MCREPAIR; REGSRV32 the shdocvw, Msjava, actxprxy, oleaut32, mshtml, browseui dll's all with success reported - with no availed solution.

Can the problem be something in my IE permissions? Is there any tool to discover any missing or misconfigured dll?

2. snakefoot

snakefoot Sergeant Major

Maybe try Spybot and Ad-Aware ?

While you find a solution of IE then you could try HTTrack.com

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds