Winaspi32 is killing me

Discussion in 'Software' started by Rockqueen_x, Dec 28, 2004.

1. Rockqueen_x

Rockqueen_x Private E-2

I have tried like 5 different wnaspi32.dlls and nothing, none of them will work...

It's messing all of my media programs :(

In nero it only allows using the useless image recorder, wmp doesn't work, tunebite, kazaa...

It asks for the "original wnaspi32.dll file" and ignores all the ones i've tried.

I've got 3gb of data that I NEED TO BURN! ;)

2. Turcoloco

Turcoloco MajorGeek

How did the problem start?
    Have you tried going in the the Device Manager and removing/uninstalling the CD Drive and rebooting to see if the OS saw and reinstalled its drivers?
    give us more data on how the problem started in the first place (after you installed/uninstalled a program, hardware, etc.)

3. Rockqueen_x

Rockqueen_x Private E-2

Yei, thanks :p

Well, it started I guess when i installed and ran Easycleaner or System Mechanic, i don't remember with which one it was, i stopped using SM after one day 'cause it was too heavy for my pc.

I tried removing the cd drive but in the reboot it showed up again without any reinstallation.

All the problems are about aspi and all of them pont out the wnaspi32 as missing, wrong, unable to something...

I downloaded new ones and none of them worked.

I think I read something about an extractor to get the original file from Windows but I have no idea of what to do.

Thanx! ;)

4. Turcoloco

Turcoloco MajorGeek

Have you tried downloading that file from this site http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?wnaspi32 ?

I am not sure what you were referring as the 'extractor' but if you are using Windows XP you could run the System File Checker (with your Windows CD in the CD-ROM drive) to see if it could replace it.
    XP: Start > RUN > cmd /k sfc /scannow > OK

~ Here is some additional info on that missing/modified dll file in question:
    ~ General cause of the error from what I gather with past experiences, installing and uninstalling a CD burning software that deletes/modifies the file
    and does not create a backup to change it back upon the program getting uninstalled. One other possibility is running a 'cleaner' type program, it could be a file cleaner that deleted the bakcup file the software needed to put things the way they were or deleted the actual file causing the problem. Scenario #2, registry cleaner type program messed up the related registry settings (System Mechanic has an integrated registry cleaning utility!)
    Hope this info helps and repost once you have an update and let me know.
    ;)

5. Rockqueen_x

Rockqueen_x Private E-2

Awn... it didn't work :(
    I downloaded it and overwrote all the other wnaspi.ddls with it, like I did with all the others, and nothing again.

Tunebite is fine, wmp is working inspite of the error but I still can't use nero.

There are copies of this file in the following places: (my OS is Windows 98)

c - windows
    C-windows-system
    C-windows-system32
    C-program files (arquivo de programas, mine is portuguese version)- shared files-system
    c-program files - ahead - shared

The message says that it's unable to find win-aspi file ?.? and that is a WindowsMe/98/9x file.

Then it says please fix the problem :rolleyes: ...and restart nero.

I think though, it must be something else, my office just disappeared yesterday :mad:, god I love bill gates... :rolleyes:

Maybe diskcleaner or easycleaner are erasing things they shouldn't, but not even undoing and using backups is working!
    If the nero backup was earsed, after I reinstalled it, wasn't it supposed to come back?

This is probably is a dummy question, but ain't there any cd burners that don't use this dll? :p

BIG THANKS!

6. Turcoloco

Turcoloco MajorGeek

I was reading about Nero and how it was supposedly using its own special version of the wnaspi32.dll file therefore not needing the generic one Windows has but I guess you either do not have the current versiob of Nero or it is not true.
    Anyhow I am assuming you tried uninstalling and re-installing Nero already?
    When you uninstall Nero, delete the program folder as well (C:\Program Files\Ahead) then reboot, then re-install Nero but try a different location if possible like directly on the C drive (C:\Ahead) see if that helps, it sometimes works. Also Start > Run > regedit > OK
    Delete these key on the left hand side AFTER you right-click on it and Export /backup the key to your disk first (name it so that you recognize in case).
    HK_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AHEAD

As far as replacing the wnaspi32.dll file goes, are you able to delete all the existing once before extracting the newest one you downloaded? Make sure you do not have any programs running in the background that might be using that dll file, try doing all these in the 'Safe Mode' to be able to delete existing ones and copy the new one without any possible conflicts. What I do when it comes to re-installing a file or replacing it, I do not override or delete the original file but simply change its name and hide it, then copy the newer one..

7. Rockqueen_x

Rockqueen_x Private E-2

Hi there,
    well, that didn't work either :eek:

Nero still wouldn't recognize any wnaspi32, and it does uses its own which is located on the program folders, but it also uses windows's located on system and system32.

But then i looked for anything about that extractor thing and found an aspi-restore or aspi-manager program that got the file from the cab backups and placed them in all directories they should be.

Then Nero worked. Even though i could see that the dll version it extracted from the cab files was a 1999 version, but i think the problem was actually the versions, there must have been some conflict with the newer files.

But still, THANK YOU SO MUCH, for all your help ;)

Tchau!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds