window freezes wireless setup

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bcm, Mar 13, 2009.

1. bcm

bcm Private First Class

setting up wire but every time i try to go into " wireless networks connection properties" to configure my knew wireless router, i tab "wireless networks" than it freezes,with the windows explorer box asking to send error report. Once i do( cause it dose,nt allow anything else) I have to restart my computer. I've had this thing for two days and have not been able to use my own wireless....not to mention if i leave well enough alone I can surf on my niehbors wireless no problem.....they have linksys.

my laptop is dell inspiron 4000, xp pro,710mhz,512mb, wireless card tp link, and the router is from bellsouth called 2wire gateway...it doe'nt want to connect.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

In Event Viewer is their any error messages at the time of this crash and also at time of freeze is their a error box before the "send error report message", if so what is the error message and any codes?

Are you using software that came with this wireless router to connect you to the wifi network or Windows built in one?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds