Window inspector

Discussion in 'Software' started by XTAL256, Oct 13, 2009.

1. XTAL256

XTAL256 Private First Class

I was wondering if there was a program similar to Winspector Spy but that also allowed you to view a whole bunch of properties associated with a window or view. For example, when you set the "View" or "Sort by" properties of a folder, that info must be stored in the registry somewhere. And if "Auto arrange" is not selected, there must be some sort of info on the position of each file within that view. I want a program that can get and set those values.
    I have a lot of trouble with getting Windows to set the view correctly and remember the settings. My XP machine will constantly "forget" all the view settings for often-used folders, seemingly working the complete opposite of how an LRU cache should work :). And now my Vista machine constantly sorts the drive icons in My Computer in the wrong order the first time i open the window then sorts correctly after that.
    I really need such a program to diagnose those problems and tweak other advanced UI settings.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds