Window Managing software

Discussion in 'Software' started by Dienstag, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Dienstag

Dienstag Private E-2

Hey fellow geeks,

for quite a while I'm thinking about this software and it's nearly impossible that it hasn't been programmed yet as there are sharp minds out there. What I'm talking about is a software that helps you manage your windows from applications and software.

Per example: at home you use a double monitor system and know it's value. You would never want to go back to normal monitoring. However, your employer does not share your opinion and gives you only one monitor at work. As you desire to regain what you once loved you make a foolish attempt to mimic it's key feature by playing with the size of the programs you work with. So like one half of your screen is used by Outlook as the other half is used by Excel (25%) and Word (25%). Now as you do this for every program you use, you will get annoyed pretty soon.

Is there anything like that around? I saw an early attempt of this on Linux (probably Fedora Core, dunno) where you could split your directories in half.

2. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

I have always used one monitor (except for music software), and I see not the slightest problem with that.

I don't need to see Outlook and Excel at the same time. Even though I have two eyes, I can only look at, and work with one of them.

For that we have that most convenient keyboard shortcut Alt+Tab.

But of course, if you feel there is a need for it, why don't you write it? Perhaps you get rich if the demand is great enough...

3. Dienstag

Dienstag Private E-2

There is no question that two monitores improve efficency. Just think about if you have to transcribe text from one file to another. After every word you type you have to Alt+Tab. You do this one time with dual monitors and you'll never want to go back.

And, unfortunatly, I don't have the skill to program software.

4. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Dont know by your description if this app VirtuaWin or Dexpot is what you maybe after?

6. Dienstag

Dienstag Private E-2

Cheers mates,

gonna test all your suggested programs. Thank you very much.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds