Windows 10 - Administrator and Users Mixed Up

Discussion in 'Software' started by Global2004, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Global2004

Global2004 Private First Class

Hello Everyone,

I just had Windows 10 installed on my computer (don't laugh please)

Everything appeared to go very smoothly except I noticed that it had somehow made my Daughters Local Account as Administrator and myself a Local Account/Password Protected.

As a result I'm not able to open many of my files on my account. Very frustrating.

Any suggestions? Should I remove all out accounts off the computer and set them up again with me being the Administrator?

Again, I only noticed this had happened once I tried opening up some of my photos. Some I could and others I couldn't unless I went into Properties/Security Tab/Advanced/Permissions Tab/Continue/Select/Enable Inheritance/Apply/ok

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Why not just change your account to being an administrator?

3. Global2004

I did but that did not solve the problem.

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Make sure the Administrators group has full permissions.

5. Global2004

Thanks for your response Adrynalyne,

I did as you said and my account now says:

Global 2004
    Local Account
    Administrator

However I'm still not able to open up many of my individual photos, files and documents without going through Properties/Security..ect. like I explained in an earlier post.

6. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I don't think you actually did as I said though.

You need to right click on your drive, go to properties, click on the security tab, and make sure everything is checked under Administrators group. If its not, then fix it. That may require replacing permissions on child objects as well.

Also make sure that Authenticated Users group is listed too.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds