Windows 10, Cannot Remove A Bluetooth Device.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Coco`547, May 16, 2016.

1. Coco`547

Coco`547 Private E-2

Hi guys, let me start by saying I haven't visited these forums since I was a kid, I fondly remember getting a virus and having you help me out fixing the computer before my parents got home from a vacation! I was around the age of 14 - 15 then if I remember right...I'm 27 now!... I must say it was probably down to you guys that I ended up becoming so computer proficient....But Jesus wept am I having a irritating issue now! I just hope you can help me again!

Anyway onto the problem, I am having a royal pain the in the backside removing a Bluetooth device. The device is a Playstation 4 control pad. The issue is when I go into my Bluetooth settings and try to find the control pad it isn't showing up, so I thought no problem I will just remove its driver from my device manager...This is where the fun begins.

In device manager I remove the "Wireless Controller" device and make the control pad discoverable again, yet the PC cannot find the controller. I go back to device manager and "Wireless Controller" has reappeared under Bluetooth devices yet the control pad and pc aren't actually connecting.

Also if I uninstall the "Wireless controller" then remove the Bluetooth Dongle, then reinsert the dongle "Wireless Controller" appears again under Bluetooth devices.... It is as if the "Wireless controller" device is stuck in some weird kind of limbo....

So what I am asking is, is there anyway to basically nuke all traces of past Bluetooth devices on this computer. I have looked online but can't seem to find any solution to this problem...I'm just hoping someone can help otherwise I'll will have the unfortunate job of formatting this PC, which I really don't want to do to get rid of all past traces of Bluetooth devices.

Any help that anyone can provide would be absolutely brilliant and most definitely appreciated!

Thanks a lot in advance.

Coco.

2. Coco`547

Coco`547 Private E-2

Oh and also another bit that I failed to mention is that I have 2 ps4 controllers, if I put the other control pad (the one that was never connected to the PC before) into discoverable mode the pc will find it no problem and let me connect to it without an issue. It is as if the PC/Control pad never severed their connection before.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Are you still having this issue? and I agree add/remove and dev manager should uninstall this device ok, but if not then check in Program Files for a Playstation folder or something that could be from Sony and the driver files and check to see if there is an uninstall file and right click and run as Administrator it.

Could also try this app http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/device_remover_543c.html as it at times removes all the components that can be left behind that still list a device as installed.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds