Windows 10 Gaming Tweak

Discussion in 'Software' started by Anon-469e6fb48c, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Anon-469e6fb48c

Anon-469e6fb48c Anonymized

This is designed to improve throughput efficiency of data transmission. Disabling “nagling” can help reduce latency/ping in some games. Nagle’s algorithm is enabled in Windows by default.I have been looking for ways to improve Gaming performance on games.You will see in these steps below that your internet connection will increase.If you do not like this setup you can all ways go back to default.

To implement this tweak, modify the following registry keys.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{NIC-id}
    For the {NIC-id}, look for the one with your IP address listed. Under this {NIC-id} key, create the following DWORD value:

TcpAckFrequency and set it to 1 to disable “nagling” for gaming.
    TCPNoDelay and set it also to 1 to disable “nagling”
    TcpDelAckTicks and set it to 0

Note: Some reports say that the tweaks did reduce latency when playing Dota 2 and League of Legends but it doesn’t work for some. I have tried it and my latency improved from 110 to 90ms (SEA Server) when playing Dota 2.

Network Throttling Index
    Windows implements a network throttling mechanism, the idea behind such throttling is that processing of network packets can be a resource-intensive task. It is beneficial to turn off such throttling for achieving maximum throughput.

To implement this tweak, run regedit and modify the registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Multimedia\SystemProfile. Under SystemProfile, create a DWORD value and name it to “NetworkThrottlingIndex” then set its Hexadecimal value to ffffffff for gaming and max throughput: ffffffff completely disables throttling.

System Gaming Responsiveness
    Multimedia streaming and some games that uses “Multimedia Class Scheduler” service (MMCSS) can only utilize up to 80% of the CPU. The “Multimedia Class Scheduler” service (MMCSS) ensures prioritized access to CPU resources, without denying CPU resources to lower-priority background applications.

To implement this tweak, run regedit and modify the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Multimedia\SystemProfile. From there, create a new DWORD and name it to “SystemResponsiveness” set its hexadecimal value to 00000000 for pure gaming/streaming.

In the same Registry hive as the above tweak, you can also change the priority of Games. To implement this tweak, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Multimedia\SystemProfile\Tasks\Games and change the following registry values:

“GPU Priority” change its values to 8 for gaming.
    “Priority” set to 6 for gaming.

I hope this helps you guys.

I all so found out that if you do not have a SSD card you can deliver better performance off a big flash drive usb.I have a HDD drive but i play all my games off my Flash drive stick.

DOA likes this.
  2. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

References, links, benchmark results, please?

Better performance off a USB flash drive than an SSD, again, details, benchmarks, please?

3. Anon-469e6fb48c

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  4. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

HDDDiskSpeedTest.png

That's only USB2 speed. My 2.5" 5,400rpm data drive above, my System SSD below:

SSDDiskSpeedTest.png

How about some details and benchmarks for the other tweaks now?

5. Anon-469e6fb48c

6. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

Please quote the reference sources for the above registry modifications.

7. Anon-469e6fb48c

You can find them on the Microsoft site.

Took me a while to find them and what they really do.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/948066

I just looked for different settings in windows 10.Some you may have to add on your own.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds