Windows 10 Lan Visibility Issues

Discussion in 'Software' started by Old Salt, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Old Salt

Old Salt Private E-2

Windows 10 local area network problem

Windows 10 seems to have a problem recognizing other computers on the network. I have two windows 10 home premium computers, one Windows 7 computer and one Linux laptop.

Though all the computers show up in the Comcast router and each can ping the other and yet the Windows 10 computers only show up intermittently. Sometimes the Windows 7 computer see the Windows 10 laptop and sometimes not. Sometimes the Windows 10 laptop can see the other windows 10 and the Windows 7 and sometimes not.

If you refresh the Windows 10 laptop enough times sometimes they show up eventually.

This is a persistent and puzzling problem. I was using a Netgear router and have upgraded to the latest firmware. It made no difference. Then I went back to using the Comcast router, same problem. It has to be a Windows 10 problem. It makes no difference if I join the work group or not. The other computers can be pinged but they cannot see each other.

I use the netish command to reset the protocols and the problem still persists.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

2. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

Are you using Homegroup? If not, try it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds