Windows 10 Multi Boot Multi Hd Issue

Discussion in 'Software' started by BBCCarguy, Apr 4, 2016.

1. BBCCarguy

BBCCarguy Private First Class

Hello to all,,, I was wondering if someone could give me a hand on and issue I'm having. first of all the system info....

Home built
    Windows 10 Pro
    Gigabyte DS3H board
    I7 4790K
    32GB Ram
    SSHD 120GB the other SSHD 240GB

The issue I'm having is that I built the system and took the ssd 240 split it in half and installed win 7pro one one partition and win 8 pro on the other.... then I took the 120 ssd and installed win 10 pro.
    So when the motherboard boots I either get a win 7 8 pro choice and it ignores 10 then once I boot 10 it ignores win 7, 8 unless I unplug win 10. what am I doing wrong? I installed the older systems first, but at boot I don't get to choose between the 3 at bootup. If I hit F12 at post screen to chose what I want to boot up, it gives me a choice between the boot sectors or the hard drives so I cant boot that way either. What is it that I need to do to get a choice between the 3 at boot up? Thanks for any help.

2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

You wont get the option to choose from all 3 Windows because they are installed on 2 drives. You're only option is to press F12 and select whichever drive (OS) you want to boot from.

3. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

I have an SSD with Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro and an HDD with Win 7 Enterprise, Win 8.1 Enterprise and Win 10 Enterprise on it. I use EasyBCD and iReboot to choose between the 5 OSes.

4. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Is that 120 USB connected or a secondary internal drive like my SSD is?

I also have a couple of USB drives with Windows on them and could add them to my EasyBCD as well but haven't because the USB drives aren't always connected.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds