Windows 10 Stop Code Error

Discussion in 'Software' started by HumbleServant1611, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Hello Geeks,

I am working on a computer that, when turned on it tries to load the Windows 10 OS and then it comes up with a frowny face and gives me a Stop Code: 0x0000007B which is an INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE. So I went through the basic steps going through the Troubleshoot options with no avail. I then tried to recreate the MBR through command prompt and that still didn't do it. I then try to restore old registry files through RegBack in CMD. That did not work either. I'm trying to get the data off and just reinstall the OS from a clean install. I am able to get into Safe Mode with Networking. Also I was talking to the owner and they said that the computer was bought with Windows Vista and then didn't like it and bought Windows 7 and put it on the computer the problem I saw was that the bought the 64-Bit Pro and then when the upgrade came around they Upgraded and Window 10 saw that there was 64-Bit Pro installed so it just went and installed the same. My question is on this part: Can I reinstall the 32-bit version and still maintain the digital entitlement or will I have to have them purchase a new OS?

2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

There's no difference in price (unlike Home & Pro) so you can do this.

3. So I make them buy a new one? Or just install a 32-bit version? I know that their isn't a 32-bit version of Pro sof it will have to be Home. That being said I'm not sure they will just transfer the entitlement over without paying the 100$.

4. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

You don't buy a new license when you change between 32-bit and 64-bit.

5. If it's a Pro. Version there is only 64-bit so I wouldn't be able to switch to the home edition, really it's a down grade but it had Vista on it which I believe is only 32-bit systems.

6. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

When downloading Windows 10, it will try to give what you have installed- 32/64 bit-
    Apparently you have to re-install to change to 32 bit- if you download the tool to the pc/laptop in question, it will show if it is home installed, or, pro. You need to untick for this computer, and drop down the last line (Architecture) to get the version you want-
    mine is Home so it will only show w10 home versions- as far as I can see w10 pro still does 32/64,or,both w10 pro choices.PNG

7. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

There are 32, and 64 bit versions for W10 pro, or, both on download, you just have to change the Architecture feature in the download to that-Mine is Home version, so will only show for my Home version key. Just download for installation from usb /iso.
    If you have a separate key- you should re-install with that o.k- usually don't put key in and it will activate on-line automatically. Otherwise the key for the version installed should work on either version 32, or, 64, as long as only on the computer first used upon.
    I suppose you have looked at this , from Microsoft.
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff559218(v=vs.85).aspx

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  8. Yeah I went through all that, nothing worked but I solved it by entering safe mode and recovery the data and then reinstalled a clean winows 10. Thanks for all the information.

9. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Pleased to see you have a solved system - but your problem, and what you tried, along with the way to choose the version might well help others with the same problem.
    Basically- as you did, safe mode gave you the chance to save the data, and a clean install .

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds