Windows 10 Stuck Loading

Discussion in 'Software' started by juice300x3, Feb 4, 2016.

1. juice300x3

juice300x3 Private E-2

When I went to shut down last night, everything went off the monitors like it should, but the fans were still running, and box lit up. I held power to shut down.

Today when I go to boot, I can't get past the loading screen you usually get right before log in. Blue background with the ever circling......circle.

I can get to BIOS, tried booting from CD/DVD (it's just a selection, I don't actually have one)

Windows did it's disc check and couldn't repair.

I do have a semi-partitioned drive, where C:\ is my op system, and a few programs that are easy to redownload etc...

D:\ is where I store all my files that are important to keep.

How can I do a disc recovery from here on C, or better yet, force my way into windows and see if there is something I can repair?

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Do you have a Windows 10 disk, or since having Windows 10 did you at any time create a USB Recovery Drive?

3. juice300x3

juice300x3 Private E-2

No. I haven't done either.

4. juice300x3

juice300x3 Private E-2

I do have another Windows 10 computer that I could connect with an ethernet though, if that might allow me to boot it with something else to do a recovery

5. juice300x3

juice300x3 Private E-2

This did actually jump start my brain though and I am downloading an ISO on a flash drive as I am typing this.

What boot method do I need to set up in my bios to get it to run once it's downloaded? I realize this will format drive C, but D will be unaffected as long as I make the correct choices during my setup correct?

6. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

You need to create a bootable DVD or USB key with the downloaded ISO file.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds