Windows 10 Talk

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Anon-469e6fb48c, May 24, 2017.

1. Anon-469e6fb48c

Anon-469e6fb48c Anonymized

Any one can have there opinion.

I Found out to day about my one hard drive that i have still had windows 10 recovery system on it.

Even after formatting the drive 8 times.Be for installing windows 7.

This pesky windows OS is starting to annoy.When microsoft said free my god free to invade the hard drive lol.

When i reinstalled windows 7 on it.The recovery for windows 10 came up be cause i was trying to fix the hard drive so that i could use it in my desktop.

So now i hate windows 10 even more.You can not remove it the normal way of formatting.

So i have to revert to a third party tool to wipe the drive.I tried 6 different drive wiping tools and none of them even remotely worked at correcting the issue.The hard drive seemed to be bricked but was not bricked.It was windows 10 Bull S*** that was causing the issue.

So now i am right now Wiping the drive with DBAN it was my last resort i don't like using dban unless i and selling something.But on my own stuff lol.

This message came up for windows 10:
    The drive where Windows is installed is locked.

Oh yeah locked huh let's see if it's locked after Dban is done.

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

If it had Windows 7 on it originally, and you chose the free upgrade to Windows 10, then as you knew, you only had 30 days to revert back to Windows 7. Sounds like you should have changed the partitions and then wiped the drive. I suspect that is what caused a problem in trying to install Windows 7 on it again.

3. joffa

joffa Major Geek's Official Birthday Announcer

I have removed Win 10 several times without issue and then reinstalled Win 7 Pro.
    I use DBAN but be careful using it as its only purpose is to securely wipe any hard drives it finds at physical level so remove or disconnect any extra drives you don't want nuked.
    I boot from a USB memory stick or a CD and let her rip.
    Backup any data you want to keep before you start as it will be gone forever.
    Here is a link http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/dariks_boot_and_nuke.html

4. Anon-469e6fb48c

I used Rufus and a usb I tried 9 times to get this HD working and nothing windows 10 still sucks lol.

Windows 10 is one tough cookie even the cookie monster would have a hard time taking a bite.

5. Anon-469e6fb48c

I said the heck with it and bought another Kingston Digital 240GB SSDNow UV400 SATA 3 2.5" Solid State Drive with Bundle Kit SUV400S3B7A/240G.

This will be much better and i can use my other 1TB drive for backup i guess.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds