Windows 10 Tech Preview black screen!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Crimson1077, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Crimson1077

Crimson1077 MG - Offical "Active" Team Member

I'm trying to install the Windows 10 Tech Preview but after all the files are copied and installed. It reboots like a normal install... but after it reboots it stays stuck in a black screen! I tried a bunch of other old builds but seems to do the same thing... i even have spare hard drives but tried it on all of them even wiping them clean before installing. :banghead

2. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

If you are using a DVD image, it could be the DVD or even the marker should you have written on the label side. I always write below the inner track with a fine tip marker when labeling discs.

If you are installing via a flash drive, you could try the DVD.

3. Crimson1077

Crimson1077 MG - Offical "Active" Team Member

I have done it with DVD's USB'S... i didn't label anything either... weird.

4. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

It may simply be taking longer than you expect. It did on my machine but, once completed, it ran fine. My complaint about it is that some items don't come up in high contrast like I need them (I'm visually impaired).

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What hardware are you trying to install Win 10 TP on?

6. nikodr

nikodr Private E-2

On my laptop an old fujitsu amilo 1451g with an ati rage x300 i had to use some very specific drivers to work the ati.So after the initial install i saw black screen, to boot correctly,i had prior to installing the vga driver to enable the safe mode,google how to setup safe mode on windows 10 because it does not work out of the box ,it is disabled.
    After that i pressed f8 to bring the menu,search for an option that says boot in low resolution video mode.
    After that black screen dissappeared and vga drivers worked ok,this is the only way to use my laptop,otherwise i have the black screen.Hope it helps

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds