Windows 10- Upgrade?

Discussion in 'Software' started by ssmehta007, May 29, 2017.

1. ssmehta007

ssmehta007 Private E-2

I am trying to upgrade my windows 7 enterprise to windows 10 using the media creation tool and after running the program it states that the this tool can't update your PC. - the language or edition of the version of windows currently installed on your PC isn't supported by this tool. Is there any other work around to this?

Any recommendation how I can upgrade to newest version for free?

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

The free upgrade to Windows 10 was NEVER allowed for any Windows 7 or 8 Enterprise edition, and in any case the free upgrade ended in July last year for those who qualify. Your system never qualified.
    So no you can never get that free.

3. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

If you use Assistive Technology (like the Screen Magnifier) you could still upgrade Win 7 Starter through Ultimate to Win 10 but not the Enterprise version as Max said.

I'm running Win 10 Enterprise on a Windows to Go workspace and can only get upgrades/updates to it via Windows Update.

4. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Yes assistive technology upgrade only applies to Win 10 home and Professional, not Enterprise. The OP has said in another thread their system was given to them by an employer and is the Enterprise edition.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds