Windows 10 video streaming stutter

Discussion in 'Software' started by 0verclocked, Aug 15, 2015.

1. 0verclocked

0verclocked Private E-2

Wondering if anyone else is experiencing video stutter issues with windows 10. The issue is occurring in IE, Firefox, and Edge. I have issues with Hulu.com video streaming that I never had before. I've got 50mbps download speed and I'm hard wired, ran a speedtest and pulling normal, system specs are- Asus sabertoothZ87, 16 Gb ddr3 Corsair Vengeance, i7 4770K (@4.3 GHz), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760, Cooler Master V850 Gold, Seagate 7200 rpm (before anyone laughs at my drive yes I have an ssd too but I use that one for gaming :D) Windows 10 Pro.

Any and all input is appreciated. If I've left something out that you need to know please ask.

:)

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Update your video drivers.

3. 0verclocked

0verclocked Private E-2

I've already done that I'm not a noob.

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I never said you were, but considering they JUST released new drivers in the last two days, I figured I would mention it. Stuttering is not a bandwidth issue, it is a video issue.

If you don't want my help, let me know.

5. 0verclocked

0verclocked Private E-2

After updating to the latest driver yesterday I experienced constant video driver crashes (their supposed windows 10 driver lol) I rolled back this morning -_-

This issue does NOT occur playing videos locally. Only streaming from the web so I'm assuming it is an issue with flash or html in windows 10?

6. 0verclocked

0verclocked Private E-2

I upgraded to their latest driver yesterday, their "windows 10" driver.. right..well...it crashed 4 times yesterday and three this morning. I rolled back to the last driver which was stable. That version is 10.18.13.5362 and I have no issues other than the video streaming stutter.

This video stutter issue only occurs while streaming. I am thinking it is a flash or html issue..as it does not happen when I play my local videos.

thanks.

7. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

According to Hulu, it is flash.

8. 0verclocked

0verclocked Private E-2

I figured. I contacted them and they gave me every excuse under the sun, first trying to blame it on my bandwidth then my pc then blah blah and I finally just hung up. thanks.

I don't know if you saw my previous reply or not...

9. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

What version of Flash do you show installed when playing these videos? Lets use Edge as a baseline.

10. 0verclocked

0verclocked Private E-2

Oh I stopped using edge because it doesn't even work right half the time..

I'm using firefox but have reproduced the issue across all browsers that I use, Edge, (barely works with hulu.com if ever) Firefox and IE work but both have the same stutter issue my flash version is 18.00.232 across all

11. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

12. 0verclocked

0verclocked Private E-2

13. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

It doesn't for me on 10 Pro upgrade, or 10 Pro clean.

Are you overclocking? There were issues during Preview with overclocked systems. Might be worth a shot to set it back and see if the stutter continues.

14. 0verclocked

0verclocked Private E-2

If the stutter was on ALL video or affecting my system, for example, some overclockers can see system lag/stutter in simply moving the mouse cursor after overclocking, then I would make a change, I'm overclocked to 4.3 GHz which is hardly considered overclocking on an i7-4770K. However I have no issues with my system other than this video stutter since upgrading to win10pro. Youtube plays fine, other stuff and local stuff plays fine, issue seems to be limited to Hulu.com. Interesting fact....I played that video just now in IE with no issues, however it stutters in Firefox, hmmm. blaming flash and Firefox "waits for update"

15. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

The issue is limited to flash and how it is interacting with your browsers, not Hulu. The test I sent you was also stuttering according to you.

Your call if you don't want to try troubleshooting. You can lead a horse to water, and all that.

Good luck :)

16. 0verclocked

0verclocked Private E-2

wow you seem sarcastic really... sorry but that video link you sent me stutters in firefox only. i have to go to work now will check forum when home later.

17. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

What did you expect with your replies to me, from the get go?

First you thought I was giving you "noob" advice, and now you refuse to troubleshoot further.

So I said, good luck and moved on.

I've seen similar oddities with overclocked machines before in Windows 10, but its not up to me to try these things.

My stuff works great in Edge, Chrome, and Firefox (where I have Flash installed). You asked for help. It is up to you to accept it.

18. 0verclocked

0verclocked Private E-2

wow really? that's how it is here huh. well, you sir seem to be SUPER condescending, and a know-it-all. No thanks I'll find another forum. You are wrong. if overclocking was the issue it wouldn't JUST affect ONE website. LOL. wow just wow. oh and by the way, just for poops n giggles I went back to base clock and it's still occurring.. JUST so I can say "told ya so"

19. 0verclocked

0verclocked Private E-2

I already wrote a reply but it seems it didn't go through so I'll repost...
    1. you are SUPER condescending. and you appear to think you know everything.

2. if overclocking was the issue it would be affecting my system not just video stutter which I already said is occurring ONLY with streaming from hulu.com.

3. I didn't refuse to troubleshoot.

4. I didn't join this forum to sit and argue with some dude who thinks he's better than everyone and knows everything.

5. for sh*ts n giggles I went back to base clock JUST FOR YOU and guess what? Still occurring. OH and BTW as I ALREADY stated, This didn't occur in windows 7 just in 10. You can have all the professional qualifications in the world, but you sir, are rude and ignorant.

I am going to look for another forum. I spent a few hours last night and it would appear others are having the same issue and Microsoft has acknowledged it is a real problem. SO.... how's that for troubleshooting.

20. Corporal Punishment

Corporal Punishment Administrator Staff Member

My apologies that your first experience was -- well sub optimal. That is not our intent here. Sometimes with forums / text communication things can be read wrong,people have bad days, and then the threads go sideways quickly.

You are right - this is a know issue. Win 10 is way more finicky about the registry tree permissions than previous versions and this tightening is causing video (and other driver) issues. I could expound on this but it's a very boring topic. ;)

Full disclosure - I haven't done this myself but I've spoke to people who have had to.

You are going to want to roll back to a driver that works. I wish I could be more specific, but... Not yet. (Though I here the 7.29.15 release on geforce is working fine.) Here is the Geforce drivers. http://www.geforce.com/drivers

The stop The driver from auto-updating using this tool.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

That will stop Win 10 from putting back the one that doesn't work and buy you time until this is fixed correctly. Hope that helps.

21. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I think there is some misunderstanding here.

I cannot help, if suggestions are not followed. Ask anyone here, I will stick with you all the way to the end when a conclusion can be drawn or it is fixed. However, picking and choosing what we go through is not how things are narrowed down.

I was not being condescending, nor was it my intention. I wanted to help, and all I was hearing is, "thats not the problem." It makes it tough to troubleshoot in those cases.

I have 4 machines here, and none have that issue, with Intel, amd and nvidia gpus. 5 if I count my Nvidia workstation.
    That is why I didn't just call it a known issue and move on.

I apologize how you took my help, I had no intentions of coming off as a know-it-all.

22. Thomas Markel

Thomas Markel Private E-2

I had the same video stuttering problem when updating to Windows 10 and it was driving me crazy. I ran Driver Talent program to make sure that I had all the updated drivers and I did. As a last resort I used the Driver Talent program to "reinstall" my display driver and did then rebooted and the problem went away!! The display drivers must get corrupted or misconfigured somehow. See http://www.drivethelife.com/ Make sure you do a reinstall not a repair. Reinstall works!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds