Windows 2000 MSconfig where?

Discussion in 'Software' started by techiegirl2, Jul 18, 2004.

1. techiegirl2

techiegirl2 Corporal

A friend of mine is running Windows 2000 Pro and cannot locate the msconfig utility. I told him that it is not there, and here are your choices.

1. download the Win Xp file msconfig.exe and download it to Win2000
    2. download a free program, startup control panel from www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

What do you guys think? He is very cautious and would like to see the advice come from Microsoft, but I cannot find anything on their site?

Can anyone assist?

Appreciate your expertise and time!

:)

2. alanc

alanc MajorGeek

IMO your advice is spot on. I use both of those on Win2k.

I don't know of any official comment from MS on the use of msconfig on 2k, but in my experience it performs flawlessly. It even determines the absence of System Restore and disables that option.

3. acejones

acejones A Different Title

agreed with the 2 geeks above :D

4. Tater

Tater Tot

Also, if he has spybot S+D, if you run it in advanced mode under the tools tab click on process list for something similar.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds