Windows 2K not recognize network adapter

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Glamis77, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Glamis77

Glamis77 Private E-2

I could tell by the feel of things something was awry. CPU would spike steadily for a few minutes after boot up. Couldn't update AVG. Then, computer locked up, and, upon reboot, couldn't connect to the internet. W2K no longer recognized or responded to the Linksys network adapter and consequently there was no LAN.

Ran through the Read and Rum me first tasks, Combofix cleaned some infections, I posted logs on Malware section, and I received a clean bill of health.

However, I was able to get online barely long enough to post the logs. Soon after, I got the blue with an error code, I rebooted, and within seconds of getting back online I would get another blue screen. Within five minutes I was back to where I had started before I performed the Read and Rum Me First tasks -- computer didn't recognize Linksys wireless notebook adapter, and under Device Manager I receive an Error Code 12 (Device cannot find enough free resources that it can use).

I connect to the internet via a Linksys wireless notebook adapter.

Any help would be appreciated. :major:major:major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds