Windows 7 and slipstreaming

Discussion in 'Software' started by dlb, Aug 20, 2012.

1. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Back with WinXP, if you had an install disc with SP2, you could use something like nLite to slipstream SP3 into a new install disc (you could slipstream IE8, remove Media Player, all kinds of awesome stuff). Is there something like this for Windows 7 or Vista? For example, the Windows 7 install disc I have for my home PC is an early release, without SP1. It would be awesome if I could slipstream SP1 and IE9 in to a new 'custom' install disc.....

(with XP, it was possible to slipstream a new SP into the install disc w/o using nLite, but it was a major pain, and nLite was much quicker and easier and had quite a bit of flexibility - it would be great if something similar for Win7 was available)

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

3. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

4. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Thanks a bazillion for the links! I haven't had a chance to check 'em out just yet, but thanks again! I'll eventually report my success (or lack thereof :cry ) . . . . it may be a week or two (or month or two), but I will let yall know how it went down. I know everyone is on the edge of their seats waiting for my info....

LOL

5. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

I actually am interested in the rtlite program. I saw it a month or two ago and meant to bookmark it. It looks like the new nlite for win7.

I've never bothered to slipstream but know you have used nlite which is supposed to be easy. I'd be curious if rtlite is as easy where win7 is involved in your experience.

I'll read your review. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds